6 octombrie 2011

once you go CAT you can never go back

here kitty, kitty...


When I was just a kid, I assumed that a kitten living in a trash is not the happiest kitty in town. So I used to collect them kitties. My daddy would get mad each and every single time i did this. (between us, he is not a big cat fan). My mommie always helped me out. She used to have a kitten when she was a kid. For some we found new homes and others were taken to my aunt's. Their place was bigger. House, with garden and backyard. It was quite lovely back then.


One day I was with my cousin under the bridge, down by the river. We were not allowed to swim in that river (filthy, really), but hell, we were young and sneaky. Truth is we couldn't swim. My cousin she was only 4maybe 5. I was 6or seven. We took our clothes off and played in the water. Under the bridge was that hiding place where our parents couldn't see us. On that summery day something has happend.


In our neighbourhood were many children. You know children. Some mean, some cry, some kick :-) Well there was this one particular girl who noone really liked. Why? I don't really know. She was a kid, like the rest of us. And there was this older boy. He was so cool (not cool, but mean with the others). On that day, when me and my cousin were under the bridge, they were on the bridge, having a fight. Of course we didn't know that, because it's a large bridge. We could only hear cars driving over it. This girl I was writing about had a kitty. a cute black 2month old kitten. The boy, however, took the girls kitten and threw it in the water. We didn't really realise what happend, but heard a nearby fisherman who yelled something, then we saw something in the water. I somehow knew it was a cat, but I can't explain why. Really, it is not my intention to brag, but I tried to save the kitten, and although it was floating and crying where the water was the deepest, where the water flow was really harsh and I COULDN't swim. But I saved the kitten and took it home. My mom told me to take it to the crazy cat lady. I guess every neighbourhood has one. She took care of all homeless cats and dogs. Her apartment was in the first floor and she had built a special entrance for cats (the window was always open.


After two weeks, I went to visit the little survivor. But he had died. He got cold from that water, and although he survived from the fall (the bridge is about 5-6meter high) he died because of a stupid cold! I was sad. I cried. I was angry. I hated that boy. The problems this action has cost me, for disobeying my folks, were insignificant!! The kitty was no more among us. For me it was a big one. I then decided I'll never save cats again. I was too weak to handle all the suffering...




Mitsouri the tomcat


So then I posted this blog entry 'Minou sill missing' where I told this cat's story. Shortly, he opened my heart to cats again. He came out of god-knows-where and didn't want to leave. sitting in my window. I started feeding him. His name is Minou, a french term, meaning simply CAT. He was dear to my heart. Everyday he walked me from the house to the street, and when I was comeing back he always encountered me and walked with me to the house. I fed him well. But so did many neighbours. He got really fat before disappearing. He was so dear to me.



Kittens

Sadly we have to admit that Romania is dealing with a great number of stray cats and dogs. And altough I knew about some Associations, I only recently found that there is a really great number caring and volunteering, which is really encouraging!! I hereby announce that I am greatly delighted to find that we are not alone. People do care.




soon I will post a new illustration!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu